In-Kind Contributions of equipment, supplies, or other tangible resources are distinguished from a monetary contribution. Your company or business may also donate the use of space or human resources as an in-kind contribution. Gifts of any value are appreciated, small or large it all makes a difference.
An "in-kind donation" may be eligible for a fair-market tax deduction. Check with your accountant or tax-preparer to see if you qualify. Let them know Project H.M.S. Detroit Inc. is a U.S. 501(c) (3) non-profit and a Canadian Registered Charity.
The list below of materials and equipment needed is a general description. Please contact us for detailed specifications that will conform to the requirements of the ship's operations and regulations.
We will be adding to the list as time goes by, please check back regularly to see if there's something you can donate and, by doing so, become a member of the organization building Canada's Flag Ship. We are looking forward to bringing you on board!
Some Examples of materials and products needed:
- Life Rafts
- Life Jackets
- Cabin Doors
- Great Cabin Windows
- Plumbing Equipment - In Kind Sponsor Designated: Windsor Factory (Phase II)
- Safety and Fire Equipment
- Block and Tackle
- Radio, Satellite & Navigational Equipment - In Kind Sponsor Designated: SelectComm/AVC Systems (Phase III)
- Steering Gear
- Bow Thrusters
- Engine - In Kind Sponsor Designated: Toromont Cat (Phase I)
- Generators - In Kind Sponsor Designated: Toromont Cat (Phase I)
- Galley Equipment
- Mess Dishes
- Air Filtering and Conditioning Equipment
- Heating equipment
- Cannons - In Kind Sponsor Designated: Ford Motor Company Canada (Phase I)
- Sail Cloth
- Lighting Equipment
- Great Cabin Furniture/Chart Table/Desk
- Crew Uniforms
- Port Lights
- Paint/Varnish/Epoxies - In Kind Sponsor Designated: International Paints- Interlux (phase I)
- Welding Gas - In Kind Sponsor Designated: Air Liquide Ltd. (phase I)
- Ballast - In Kind Sponsor Designated: CN Rail (phase I)
Email us at email@example.com to receive a Corporate Sponsorship Package.